RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many park flyers have YOU seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 12:17 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How many park flyers have YOU seen?

ORIGINAL: abel_pranger

ET-

Glad you have a retreat upstate. From my perspective, if you have to live in NYC that's what it takes to make you human!
Actually, I'm envious. I grew up at (and often on and in) Lake Delta, a wide spot in the Mohawk River N of Rome. Family has been there since the only neighbors were Mohawks. Great area, lots of wide open country anywhere N of there. Spent many hours in my youth flying all over the northern tier with my dad in Cubs, Luscombes and a Temco Swift, often without seeing another airplane all day except when buzzing a buddy's hunting camp strip or stopping at Canastota for lunch. Plan to visit my brother on Grindstone Island this fall. For him, 'upstate' is Canada, about 300 yards N of his house. Nice big airstrip on the island - have to see what R/C models I can pack with me!

Abel
Wow! I'm not THAT far upstate, I'm just 70 miles out of the city. Most people don't understand that the vast majority of New York State is VERY rural, and very beautiful. I can't imagine living right here in the heart of Midtown like I am without being able to get away, it would just be too much. The contrast is quite incredible, though...right from here, looking out the window at the Empire State Building, to communing with cows, is only an hour's drive.