RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many park flyers have YOU seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 02:46 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How many park flyers have YOU seen?

Yeah Abel, we were flying on SAC hill where they used to park the BUFFs until the local politicians decided to build a 907,000 sq. ft. Family Dollar store distribution center ...It's a good/bad thing, ya know? Good to see something being done w/ the base after it was closed in'95 but bad cuz we lost out flyin' site![:'(]

Anyway...I'm the club's (RAAM , Rome Academy of Aero Modeling ) VP and I'm working w/ a ret. Col. on a program with the AF Junior ROTC at the new Rome Free Academy high school. We are starting about 25 cadets on sims and then I'm going to get 'em going on small electrics. I did a demo in the gym w/ a lite stik and slow stik right after X-mas...

We're (the club ) working on a PR program to get some public interest going and to see if we can get some (other ) politicians on our side to get a new flying site. The one in Westmoreland is a different club (Firebirds ) and we really need something closer to Rome, especially if we're talking about a bunch of kids who don't have regular transportation...