RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR9303 & Buddy Box
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 03:38 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR9303 & Buddy Box

Let me confirm what Jon Lowe wrote. What he said about using a 10X for a slave also applies to using a 9303 as a slave. To a lesser extent it is also true if the slave is a 8103 or 783. When using a 9303 as a slave, all control rates and directions are correctly controlled by the master transmitter if the slave is set in its default configuration. Trims are controlled by the master. If a 8103 or 783 is the slave, the trims are carried over. One set the trims on the slave as indicated by the small arrows. The same as you would do when using a 8103 as a master. Directions and rates are controlled correctly if the slave is in the default configuration. In fact the master and slave don't have to be set to the same type of aircraft. The master 9303 can be in the glider configuration and the slave 783 can be set up for acro as long as the slave is set to its default.

The other point that Jon made should be emphasized. Jon said the 9303 should be set in the program trainer not the normal trainer mode. I would go further and state that if the master 9303 has one its primary channels set to reverse rotation, NEVER use the normal trainer configuration. Always use the program trainer mode. As long as one or more of the more primary channels are set to the program position, things work right. Otherwise if one or more of the master primary channels are set to reverse rotation, there is no way to get the slave transmitter to control in the reverse channel properly using a 783 or 8103. (If the slave is a 9303 and it is set to master not slave, it will work, sort of. The slave settings have to be set identical to the master.)

If you want to see things go really askew, set the master 9303 to the glider configuration, reverse the primary channels, and set the trainer mode to normal. Not only will the right aileron and the other three primary controls be opposite of the master, the left aileron will be controlled by the throttle stick when control is passed to the slave transmitter.

A good deal of the above info came from Horizon. I nearly put an aircraft in the ground and then spent a period of nearly forty-five days trying to figure out how to get the 9303 trainer function to work properly. Twice my transmitters were sent to be examined. Fortunately the last time, a smart technician understood the problem I was having and found a solution.

Allan Worrest