RCU Forums - View Single Post - cmp p47 thunderbolt
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 06:14 PM
jeffk464

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: cmp p47 thunderbolt

I was very carefull to balance this plane exactly on the cg designated in the instructions after my first day of flying. As far as having something mis-aligned during the build process, nothing bad enough to make it fly like this. I have flown plenty of planes with minor warp and alignment problems back in my kit building days and once they were trimmed they flew better than this. Also after I flew the cmp and got it trimmed out the way I wanted the control surfaces are pretty much neutral. The elevator has a slight amount of down trim in it and I dont notice the plane pitching up or down when I play with the throttle.

I think the plane is just not a good flyer. To make it fly well the nose either needs to be a little bit longer or the weight of everything behind the wing needs to be reduced. In the box this plane is not the lightest in the world and then when you add close to 3/4lbs of lead to the nose the wing loading is just to high. Anyways, just my humble opinion, I dont see what else would cause the problem.