RCU Forums - View Single Post - cmp p47 thunderbolt
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 02:54 AM
SeaHawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cmp p47 thunderbolt

Hello Jeff,

Although I have never owned the 40 sized P47 I have had the 40 sized P40 and the 90 sized FW190 from CMPro. The elevator halves moving seperately to each other is a common problem. The P40 would never loop straight because the sideways movements of the elevator pushrod as it followed the arc of the servo arm moved the elevator halves differentially. When I assembled the FW190 I added a torque rod between the elevator halves in addition to the standard setup. This, and "hardening" the balsa surrounding the torque rod holes with cyano seems to do the trick.

The P40 had a 58 4 stroke in the nose so the balance wasn't a real problem, the manual's balance point on the other hand was. The P40 manual had a disastrously innaccurate CofG position. Snap city. Throw away the manual and do some research on how to calculate the CofG correctly.

The 72" span, 90 sized, radial engined types from ESM and CMPro balance without dead weight with a Zenoah G26 up front. I would rather have spark ignition adding weight than lead. I have used the Zenoah G26 in both the ESM Sea Fury and the CMPro FW190. A great combo.

Regards

Col