RCU Forums - View Single Post - JetJoe OWNERS thread
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 09:20 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JetJoe OWNERS thread

Hey guys, sorry to just get into the thread but I wasn't going to go public unless someone brought it out first.

Here are my thoughts on the Jet Joe engine I had in Austin.

In my opinion, the engine is good thus far. I think the upgraded fliteworks pump that was sent is good. I'm fairly certain that the RPM sensor that was in the one I ran is NOT GOOD. Easy enough to replace I suppose, but certainly something that I was surprised to see.

I did get the engine to run really good on one run out of about 20 attempts, I ran it up to half throttle and when I brought it down from half it shut off.

I am fairly certain that the problems I had getting it to start were RPM sensor and/ or Fadec related, not the engine. I gave the newly boxed engine to my assistant a couple days ago to send it back and I didn't realize I didn't have an address to send it to, so Justin is sending me the correct address to send it back today to get checked over. I should have it back next week and will run it up next weekend.

Based on my experiance thus far there is no reason not to get one if you have an application for it. It looked and when it ran, ran like any other turbine I've ever run.

Considering that I've had problems with just about every turbine manufacturer for one reason or another, including RAM, Jetcat, and Merlin, I think the problem I had should be easy to overcome.

FWIW,

Sean