View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 02:50 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Four star build

ORIGINAL: Pilot Chad

Bruce, these servos never will move. I honestly don't care if they get glued in though i know you will find a reason for me to debond them. I can't wait to fly today. I haven't flown in about a month...
Chad,
Not sure how I missed this post the first time around. But I found it when re-reading the thread. Naw, Bruce ain't gonna come up with a reason to debond them. He doesn't need to because I'm going to.

First of all, CA'ing servos in is just plain poor craftsmanship.

Second, the amount of CA that you need to hold them tight will more than likely crack when the vibration from the motor starts shaking it around. And besides, servos aren't meant to be mounted tightly. What do you think those rubber grommets that came with them are for? They are to isolate the servo from vibrations. Since you CA'ed the servos directly to the airframe EVERY vibration is going directly into the servo. Vibration can totally destroy servos. Keep that in mind before you decide to leave them because ....

Bruce, these servos never will move. I honestly don't care if they get glued in
If you think that you're good enough to bring in a 4* with rudder only because your aileron servos have failed, then by all means leave em in there.

Ok, so I'm gonna sound like a father now, but can't get the point across any other way. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing well. Think about the amount of money you have invested in this plane and the radio that you're rushing through just to get it in the air. Chad, slow down a bit and do a good job. The reward will come in the end with a great flying airplane.

Ok, I'll get off my dad soapbox now.