View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 03:28 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servo mis-positioning

ORIGINAL: fturna

Hi,

My question is; what reasons can cause a servo to loose its center position. I have two brand new cirrus type mini servos and have some problem . They are not enough precise, it is difficult to find the center position of the servo. (sometimes 5-10 degrees far from the center point)

Thanks,
Fatih
This is not uncommon for low-cost servos though 5-10 degrees is rather extreme -- sure your not exagerating here? Some servo brands center better than others. Some servo models within the same brand center better than others. I was once told the quality/design of the motor plays a large part in this. 5-pole motors are much more accurate than 3-pole motors and coreless motors are even more accurate. Digital servos tend to be more accurate than analog servos because they typically have a smaller deadban and their neutral update cycle is significantly higher than analogs -- ever hear a digital servo whine, that's the servo seeking neutral/center across a slop boundary.

Hope this helps -- can't think of anything more distinctive given the very general nature of the question.