RCU Forums - View Single Post - Metal-Morphing a Yellow P-38
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Metalmorphous
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am not worthy!

Ed we talked to the officials at the WRAM show and they told us that our product falls into the same category as someone buying a fiberglass jet kit, building it and competing with it. We are a service just like the kit manufacture, its also progress. Like I stated in the previous post, my goal is to make our aluminum process available to the modelers not only for his or her custom built aircraft but making a process that they can get on the kit at the manufactures. Not to fear though, we still have a lot of issues to overcome,like how to assemable the kit after the aluminum is applied and to what stage do we allow the plane to be before its assembled.

Harigo like Ed from Flite Metal stated the surface has to be prepared properly but our aluminum is not soft, it very hard. We did a demo at WRAM, we took two pieces of pvc plastic pipe that we had our plating applied to and banged them together, it left no marks or scratchs of any kind ( any spectators that were there can chime in any time ) But I also agree with Ed in that Flite-Metal is a do-it your-self product, and if applied correct you get a very nice finish.