RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2005, 09:27 AM
rich_rush_evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI RUSH / EVO THREAD

Hi everyone..i am new to this forum. I brought a yokomo gt 4 about a year ago but it died on the first day and yokomo wouldnt fix it..crap customer care. So i had a break from rc cars and about a couple of weeks ago i brought a rush evo. It had it static for the first 3 tanks of fuel. Came to tunning it and the engine just wouldnt have it. It just reved and reved. Hpi took it back for 3 weeks to fix it..something wrong with the clutch i was told. I have had it back for a week and it WAS running perfect. I raced it with a friend who has a mad force and my little rush kept up with it on acceleration and then pulled away a coulpe of car lengths towards the top end..I was suprised to say the least considering it has a 3 speed .21 engine. Then thses last couple of days i tried to re - tune the car because it was starting to accelerate really slow, making loads of rpm but going about 10 mph flat out. hpi had set the settins back to standard, so all i had to do was follow the dvd they give you. Its gone down hill again. The car is revving really high and cuts out when the breaks are appiled or sometimes even when you let go of the accelerator!![:@]. In an attempt to adjust some of the settings and servo arms (as stated in manual) the throttle servo arm which goes on to the bolt which turns the carb open has snapped. (not the acutally arm the bit where the arm goes on to the ball joint)

Can anyone give any advice on fixing this??