RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitech 5645mg fails during installation
Old 05-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitech 5645mg fails during installation

Hey guys,

I'm putting some new Hitech 5645mg servos in my funtana 90 and one of them failed after installation during rigging. Basically it started to move around on it's own quite a bit, not just little jitters but a lot of deflection. It didn't start this instantly when turned on, but maybe after 1/2 an hours worth of rigging and adjustments. I thought maybe the RX had a bad channel, I switched the servo to a different channel that worked fine with an identical servo and it had the same problems. I then shut everything off and let it sit for an hour or so and tried again and it seemed to work normally, perhaps being on for a 1/2 hour or so during rigging causeed the failure? I have to suspect the servo is bad and don't wan to fly it on a brand new plane. Anyone had similar problem with this servo?
I am running a 6volt battery that read 6.48 volts when the servo failed, I checked thinking maybe the battery is running down. Is running a 6 volt battery with these servos ok?
I'm new to digital servo's, am I doing something wrong?
Setup is 5645mg servos 5ea, Futaba 9cap radio and Futaba F149DP PCM RX, 5 cell (6volt) 1700mah battery.
Thanks for the responses.