RCU Forums - View Single Post - best first time plane for 50cc?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2005, 09:02 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best first time plane for 50cc?

I am not sure why the Patty is recommended so much. Unless built extremely light and balanced perfectly they fly heavy. Not the best plane for a newbie gas pilot as its almost certain they will build the first one heavy and it will tip stall on landings. I have yet to see a patty fly anything as well as a WH .

Take this as you will, in my personal opinion there is NO better plane out there for the first timer than the Wild Hare Edge. I like the edge as it has outstanding landing characteristics. The personal support from Tom is excellent (try that from GP) and the planes are built extremely strong, but still carry enough wing area to make them handle very well at low speeds (i.e. landing)

I would even say that for those with a lot of experience it is a great flying 50CC plane.
I have had guys with money want a Carden Cuda or EF Yak as their first gas plane. I talked them into the WH Edge and they could not have been happier.. especially the first time they pounded a landing getting used to the larger airframe. The Cuda wouild have taken it, but the lighter Yak would not have.

Get the Wild Hare.. you will never be disappointed in it, it really is THAT good.

DP