RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wow!
Thread: Wow!
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 07:22 PM
RC_Feen
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow!

All I can say is WOW! Yesterday I fired up my Marder Race/Beetle with the 26cc for the first time. Started right up after I primed it. Let it warm up and then started to putt around and got a fell for it. This is my first 1/6 scale gas R/C. The car was running good then it started to load-up and was spitting oil out the muffler. I let it idle for awhile and started looking everything over. What do you know, the choke was still half way on. Shut off the choke and it was running great. Man this thing will fly! I did a couple of WOT passes and that was enough to make me realize how fast this thing is and that I needed to adjust the brakes better. I made a brake adjustment but they still don't stop the car like I would like them too. I adjusted the coiler at the rear where it goes through the brake lever. Still the brakes were a little too soft. Do I need to keep making the adjustments back were the brake linkage goes through the rear brake lever to get the braking I want? I'm now thinking hard about getting front hydro brakes for this thing. With the speed this thing will hit, I definately want better braking power. Thanks!