RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/3 Spacewalker
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 08:34 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Spacewalker

Will do Bob,

I went to see my doctor to day to see how things are healing. Long story short I decided to see if a number 11 Xacto knife could slice my thumb, well, it can. I had attached the middle section of the wing to the plane and was using it as a little bit of leverage to trim the hatch I was making on the front of the plane. I then thought I needed some extra leverage so I moved my hand down. Well, I was rushing to get out of the house and wasn't paying attention and luckily I sliced it long ways so I didn't hit any nerves. I was really lucky since I fly with just my thumbs! The doctor was really impressed with the way I sliced up my thumb. The only good thing was it was a brand new blade and didn't hurt at all. I have many more nastier things I could have done to my finger in my workshop such as a scroll saw or a mini table or chop saw.

I have been taking pictures of the progress and will post them soon. I have stripped and sanded the wing sections of the model. They are looking pretty good. I am still trying to decide if I am going to redo the tail feathers or just fix the current ones. I am leaning toward fixing the existing ones since they are very straight, but the Robart holes will need to be fixed. I plan on using a G-38 in this thing and will order mine next week. I think I plan on selling my little Funtana 40 to get some money to buy the engine and servos.

I will keep you guys posted on where I am with this project. Thanks again

Lee