RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 05-25-2005, 06:30 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: Maudib

not to mention trying to remember which diretion the switch goes to flip a choke servo... even tho the FO swirch needs a swich, the smart-fly has an led to let you know it's hot...

safety in starting... if receiver is not on the engine won't fire...
I am not running a switch inline with my smartfly, couldn't justify it. If I have a smartfly failure in the air where it fails in the "on" position (HIGHLY unlikely), that switch would do me no good - for that matter, that switch would do me no good in the air whatsoever. On the ground, if it fails in the "on" in the pits (again, HIGHLY unlikely), I have my throttle servo to cut the throttle and kill it. In the absolute worse case scenario, where my radio fails and the smartfly doesn't do its job and just stays on, I have the hatch latch and direct access to my ignition battery connector, which is right out in the open where all I have to do is yank it and the engine will die. I also have the LED staring me right in the face so I know when the ignition is on, and my Tx cutoff is on a trainer button, so there is no confusion as to what position is the "on" position - push it and ignition is off, let go and it is on...simple.