RCU Forums - View Single Post - new os cvr .18
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 07:10 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new os cvr .18

just finished the break in of my new os .18 cvr engine... break in started on 2nd pull and idled thru first tank,never stalled once... broke in 10 tanks slowly and now this sucker rocks... Thanks poor judgement for telling me about this one... i still have the mt2 engine and was going to compare the two, but I won't bother.. The O.S. is much stronger... the throttle response is instant and the low end torque is brutal... If I don't loose traction, It will pull the front tires off the ground... I have to be careful because I was running in a smaller area, have to get to the track to really open it up... I'm still on the rich side and temps are hovering around 200F... can't wait to lean it out a bit... see how many dog bones I break... I figure when I get it right... 50 mph should be expected... The best thing about this swap was that it was direct fit drop in.. nothing to modify except the lenght of the header bolts.... I will post pics when I get a chance.... The best comment about the new engine came from my son who runs the truck all the time.... Dad, this thing scares me... its too fast....