RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another great weekend at Fentress NALF
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 10:53 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another great weekend at Fentress NALF

We had another great weekend of flying at Fentress. There were 34 registered pilots who were all top notch guys. No crashes, no complaints, no waiting to fly. We started flying on Friday evening at 5:00 and flew until dark. Saturday the flying began at around 8:30 and continued until you couldn't see anymore. One of the locals (Jack Smith) logged 17 flights for both Sat. and Sun. The Malchiones were there and kept me and Frank jr very happy feeding us Mama Malchiones roasted pepper sandwiches, Man! Do I miss that kind of cooking. Robert Vess flew his King cat so many times, I don't think it had a chance to cool. Mike Amos demo'ed his Gripen which flew very well. Robert Vess took the Pilot's Choice with his King cat, Dave Malchione took Best Military for his F-100, Best Jet Performance went to Tony Masiello with his King cat, Best Finish went to Jaime Snipes once again for his King cat, Best Sport went to Anthony Weincek for his Maverick Pro, and Best Electric went to Richard Boyington for his Hobby Lobby Mig-15. Dave Malchione jr. won the JPO Top Gun award for this event, Dave jr. is such a natural, Joey Templeton flew his stingray which is the coolest little turbine you can imagine, you could almost fit this airplane in your glove compartment. I would also like to thank RC Pete for making the trip from Ontario, 2 years in a row! Kodie Masiello got the cool doggy award.

I would like to give thanks to the crew that was there to make this year's event a success, George Delmoral, Mike Amos, Joey Templeton, Todd Witkoff, Richard Boyington, Alex Gauss, and my own personal watchdog, Frank jr. HE IS TOTAL CROWD CONTROL!

I would like to thank you all once again, see you next year.
Frank A Rega