RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bought two FG vehicles, quick question..
Old 06-02-2005, 10:44 PM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought two FG vehicles, quick question..

Hello,

I'm new to GAS powered R/C vehicles. But no where near new to R/C. I have literally dozens of planes, boats, 1/10th cars and trucks. You name it, I've built and driven it.

I bought an FG MT5 and an FG Sportsline truck w/CAT body.

For the MT5 I have purchased no additional parts. For the Sportline Truck I got the front brake kit and the sway bar kit with it. I will be using Futaba 1/4 scale servos for steering and Hitec 645MG for brakes and throttle. The Sportline will have a dedicated brake servo for the front hooked up with the throttle brake servo and mixed on my radio. I am using the Futaba 3 channel FM, w/ Futaba failsafe.

I have read almost all the threads on these boards and they have answered many of my questions.

Seeing as the stock air filters are considered by many to be inadequate I was wondering what opinion if any you all had on the Firehammer air filter. It's basically the same foam air cleaner but with a nice aluminum shroud. And it's only 16.99 @ Tower. Would this be a good upgrade to the stock uncovered foam filters????

I also plan on making Lexan side guards like they sell on Ebay and Lexan gear covers myself. I've read these off road trucks like to eat spurs and pinions.

Anyway, when the trucks arrive I'll paint them and post some pics.

Happy R/Cing to all and thanks for your advice and opinions in advance.

Chris