RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlottesville Racers Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 12:47 AM
dockman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Hey guys I wanted to throw out some ideas for everyone to think about and offer up opinions. Monday night some of us discussed have a "sponsored" or run for prizes type race. A couple of weeks ago we had talked about having a points series where it switched back between Scotts track and Waynes. Ive got some ideas for both but I guess we need to figure out which everyone would rather do. Next thing is how much everybody is willing to pay to race. Usually it would cost $10 or more to race. Im not sure if everybody would be willing to do that. I had thought about $5 bucks a race but remember the less you pay the fewer the prizes. I would like to do it so no matter where you finish you would win something. Needless to say the prizes would get smaller the farther back you place. I thought if we did a points series there would be more money so the prizes would be better. The longer/or more races the series had the better. I know everyone cant make it out every weekend and we do want to stop them from racing because they have to pay. We could run a 6 race series where you drop your 2 worst races(or the weeks you couldnt make it), an 8 race series with 3 drops, or even a 10 race with 4 drops. The longer the series the better the prizes or go with a short series and charge more ($10 bucks) to get better prizes.
I guess it comes down to if everybody is willing to pay to play and win some stuff (plus bragging rights) or if everybody would rather just race for free and not worry about prizes.
If nobody wants to do pay racing thats cool also. I might sponsor a race myself with a couple of prizes. It would be more like a "most improved", "hard charger", or "hard Luck" awards that I would choose after the race.
I just dont want to do pay racing where only the winner or top 3 get prizes. This would just stop the newer people from running. I want to see the guy that shows up every week but is still running in the Bmain or Cmain have an incentive to race because he (or she) could still win something.
Anyway, everyone please share your thoughts.