RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models 33% ultimate
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:47 AM
dork_blaster
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models 33% ultimate

Ronbo - I love bipes too! But I haven't seen many of them in IMAC, but I haven't been to many competitions yet either. I have 3 Ultimates now and I almost picked up the Hanger 9 46% this week but was able to resist the urge (daughter is getting married next week).... maybe the 50cc version...

Smokey - figured that's why you went with a big battery (more nose weight) I anticipated problems with the flying wires unravelling/scraping, etc. so I used a small black zip tie to keep them together (zipped as close to the aluminum bracket as possible) and covered the wire where it triple wraps on the bracket and the zip tie in thick CA and hit it with accelerator. Make sure you do this with the wires installed on the wings to keep them in proper position to minimize cracking the CA.

If you haven't bought the 3" arm yet, try your 2 1/2" first (it may still work). I have more than enough throw, and you're only talking 1/4" on each end difference. Only reason I went 3" is because I had it laying around!

Good luck and let us know when your ship is flying!

DB