RCU Forums - View Single Post - Risk Takers?
Thread: Risk Takers?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:26 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Risk Takers?

Everyone on this AMA forum for the past several years well knows that H. Cain (me) is not a favorite supporter of Dave Brown as President of AMA. (On a personal level I rather like the Ol' Flart -- even though he's not as ol' and smelly as me!)

The above stated, I think Dave's Jun 2005 article was one of the best if not the absolute best that he has ever produced. I concur 101% with it.

In my opinion, I think DB is saying it about such as the JR Rep, at the recent JR Challenge, that waltzes down through the pit area with a Big Bird doing torque rolls. Regardless of the fantastic talent of such a person, there is absolutely no excuse for such RISK. Again the group that lights a .40 machine on fire and flies it around at night, this past month, needs to adhere to such advice that Dave presents.
As -- I believe -- Hemingway stated, "For whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." Those that make model aviation appear reckless and dangerous around the public, endangers my right to enjoy the sport. I have no sympathy for their position.

IMO, Dave illustrates that he is not faulting the technology, or the skills, but the poor judgment of certain individuals as mentioned above. In addition just maybe some that think they can do the same, will have a second thought and not do that deed that could result in severe injury to someone.

Being able to learn a superior skill in a controlled environment and exercising therein is one thing, however deliberately placing unsuspecting spectators at extreme risk is another thing.