RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone P-51 Preflight check list and Launch tips
Old 06-08-2005, 07:04 PM
scooterjay350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone P-51 Preflight check list and Launch tips

got two good flights in this afternoon. i've gone to full throttle launches, slight up trim, three steps and throw. it just flies away from me with the wings level now....nothing like some of the videos i've seen. don't throw up! throw at the imaginary spot 100 yards in front of you and you will be fine! i did break the tab on my battery hatch today....came in super hot and the hatch tab caught a rock hidden in the gradd and sheared it off. the hatch still works fine. i'm going to make a new one out of thin phenolic with a cam type latch...i'll post a pic when done. oh, one more thing....don't let it get too far away! hard to tell which end is up at a distance. i was flying the old AMA turnaround pattern with it today and made a turnaround about 250 yards upwind (split s). the dark upper half of the fuse blends in with rain swollen clouds nicely! i started making my turnarounds a little closer. there was a kid riding a mini crotch rocket pocket bike up and down the soccer fields....we had fun racing each other. i'd blow past him at about 75' altitude each pass. his little bike will run about 30 mph max and i was passing him like he was still! i'm guessing that on downwind my ground speed was above 50 mph. god, i love this plane!