RCU Forums - View Single Post - SW Zone Director's AGM comments?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SW Zone Director's AGM comments?

Anyone receive their latest MAAC Mag?

Reading the comments of SW Director Shaw, it's easy to see why the latest insurance kurfluffle started when he posted incorrectly that no general sport flying or temp. US flyers had insurance earlier this year.

It's apparent that he didn't get his way on constitutional changes, suggesting the association is breaking some kind of law.

He apparently didn't get his way on budget issues, complaining about rate increases and the reasons for them. I must point out the obvious, in that you would be hard pressed to find anyone on the board or executive who has served more time on the board and executive at different times. So does, the likely longest serving board member take any responsibility for the current state. I don't get it?

When I was serving on the board, there were those who simply could not accept democratic majority rule on anything that went against their opinion? In my experience, this was the cause of much of the "infighting" that has existed prior to, during my time and obviously now continues.

It's too bad because nothing will ever change if a few core members are never willing to accept any change.

It's good to see current Prez, Carl Layden, continuing to keep important issues like frequencies, insurance issues, a business plan front and centre. Hopefully he can stickhandle the personalities to accomplish some good work.

Good luck Carl.