RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Super (Balsa) Bandit
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 01:56 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fitting the speed brake assembly

If you are building this kit, you might want to deviate from the order of steps in the instruction manual just a bit, when it comes to the speedbrake.

I assembled the entire unit (as shown in the previous post), then made the holes in the fuselage that the 4-40 machine screws go through to hold the asembly in place. I found that the alignment of the rear holes in the fuselage and the blind nuts in the assembly were a little off, width-wise. The rear screw-holes in the fuselage are inside a couple of "dimples" so that the screws do not sit proud of the surface. Opening the holes up a bit to allow for the slight misalignment causes the screw heads to not seat perfectly in those dimples, so I will be removing the blind nuts from the assembly in order to reposition them a little bit.

This is a trivial fix, but for the next Super Bandit I build (it's already waiting!), what I will do is leave the blind nuts out of the assembly until after I drill the holes in the fuselage - then put bolts through the fuselage to check alignment; adjust the holes in the plywood base as necessary, and then insert the blind nuts.