RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Super (Balsa) Bandit
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 03:47 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BVM Super (Balsa) Bandit

F7 should really go in next, however... f7 has an aluminum block at the top which is used to secure the fin. My kit came with a swept fin, but I really wanted a straight one. At this point I was waiting for the new fin to arrive, so could not secure F7 in place yet.

In the previous photo you will see f7 simply lying on the bottom of the fuz until such time as I get the fin done. Failure to put f7 inside the fus at this point would be bad, because once F6 is in place you have no way of getting f7 in... (please don't ask how I know ! ;-)

So - on to F6 and the elevator servo mounts. This former goes just to the rear of the upper rear hatch, so ensure that you have a proper fit before gluing it in place - if it pushes the fibreglass out, or you pull the glass in towards the former then you compromise the hatch fit, so just do a couple of CA tack glue spots initially, then check the hatch fit before doing the final Aeropoxy gluing.

The photo below shows the completed F6 installation from the front, including the two plywood assemblies that serve as mounts for the elevator servos. For some reason I decided to bore a few lightening holes in the elevator mounts, so don't be surprised if yours look a little different.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	33695_3215.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	18702