RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/3 Spacewalker
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 09:42 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Spacewalker

I just picked up on this thread - what a buy you got there. I have a Spacewalker - it is 12 years old this summer. Flies like a trainer. It sounds like the original owner tried modifying too much for whatever reason - I followed the book for 99% and haven't been disappointed. The only change I would now make if building a new one would be to repalce the landing gear. The rubber band suspension stinks. Mine is powered by an OS 300 twin - covered with koverall and dope - and weight is a bit under 22 pounds. I had a glow driver set up on it because I wasn't confident in the idle of the OS, but it really isn't needed now. Late last year the electronics for the glow driver went bad - while charging - and burnt the wiring up in the plane and caused the nicads to sort of blow up. No damage to the plane, but all electrical gone. I thought I was going to lose not only the Spacewalker, but my two Carden Extras that were in the trailer. Someone was smiling down on me cause all I lost was the wiring and batteries - the Spacewalker will fly again this summer at some meets. I have attached a picture of a few Spacewalkers - mine is the second from the right.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95781.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	283381