RCU Forums - View Single Post - Antenna routing?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2005, 08:42 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Antenna routing?

You can use the antenna tube but it should not come anywhere withing 2 inches of the antenna. And it should only come 2 inches for a short length (not the entire antenna 2 inches parallel to the pull pull cables). You will lose range if you do. You can make little balsa tabs with slots in them and just glue them all over the inside of the fuse. Then string the antenna through the slots in the tabs. I did this on my last plane and it is totally glitch free and passes the range test.

One thing I don't like about using the tube and running it all the way back into the tail is that is gets so cramped back there. There can be elevator servo leads, the elevator servos, pull pull cables, tail wheel, and even some metal for holding in the removable stab halves. So trying to push that tube back there you may be fine until the very end of the antenna, it's likely to touch one of those things I listed if it's too far back.

Note in my 2nd pic that I go back about half way, then I do a u-turn and come back to the front again to use up the antenna length. This is a totally glitch free setup and the range is great (I got tired of walking).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46261.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	283650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63262.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	283651