RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is the difference between AFP and AFPD??
Old 06-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Skraut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference between AFP and AFPD??

I've searched all over and can't seem to find an answer to this question on the AFP website or other locations. I recently inherited a large amount of planes controllers and other equipment. I'd just like a decent simulator to learn the basics before I start plowing these in the ground I have a couple of friends locally who are willing to help me learn, and I even have a buddy box amongst all the equipment. But as I used to work in the video game industry, the idea of learning on a game is actually exciting to me. Being able to "Safely" get an idea of what I'm doing would let me get up to speed quicker.

I've been looking around at the various simulators, and I keep coming across AFP and AFPD as being the best, but what is the difference. Is AFPD essentially just AFP 2? or are they the same program whith different planes?

Can someone start with AFP and upgrade to AFPD with the same equipment, or is a different controller cable required? To learn the basics, and keep me occupied in the winter is AFP enough, or is there something in the Deluxe version that I would regret not having?