RCU Forums - View Single Post - SW Zone Director's AGM comments?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:42 PM
mgaddison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SW Zone Director's AGM comments?

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: mgaddison
One of the reasons why I will never post there.
Yes, a person (who happens to have some emotional attachment to a recent safety issue) pounced on a newbie for various safety infractions. Further, if you read the entire thread, that person was admonished for said "pouncing" and an explanation resulted.
If you had bothered to to read my whole post, (which was quite small I might add), I said that it was ONE of the reasons I do not post there.

One of the other reasons is that there seems to be no discussion on any MAAC issues. I don't give a rat's behind whether you are pro or conn on anything that is MAAC related. I just would like to see some good discussion on things that are about MAAC.

If nobody questions "why", then how are we able to keep those in charge in check. You have to remember that it is OUR MAAC, not a select few who are on the executive.

It also seems that when someone starts to question the executive, they are jump or pounced upon by others on RCC. And then the thread is shut down before anything can be fully discussed. Hopefully this can happen here.

The Mods at RCU seem to do a wonderful job of allowing free discussion while quietly keeping the forum in check from the backgroung. Just take a look at the AMA forum. They seem to have great discussions with a little name calling but nobody goes home mad. But they are alsoable to discuss anything and everything about the AMA. There are no sacred cows there. I can't say that about RCC.

That is the main reason I will not post there.

Here if I want to say MAAC sucks or if I want to say that MAAC is the greatest organization in the world, I can say it. I can't even discuss it over at RCC. There is no forum for it. If they were to make one then you might see me there.

Instead, I will post here, without any fear that my voice will be shut down. I will be able to read posts from all sides of the discussion and I might be a big enough boy to be able to filter out all the crap and learn about the meat of the subject and form an opinion.

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

Judging an entire group for the behaviour of one (or a handful) is a bit premature. It would be like me judgin Manitoba for the behaviour of certain ex Manitoba ZDs. If you'd like examples of a site that does exhibit this antagonistic behaviour, specifically toward anyone (or anything) pro-MAAC, you need look no further than your own zone's discussion forums....

Again some assumptions that have been made here. Just because I am from MB, don't assume that I would call that my own zone's discussion forum. I don't post there either but at least I can see what other opinions there are out there in regards to MAAC. I have gained information about MAAC and the inner workings of MAAC because my former ZD had the stones to say what he felt was going on in MAAC. It was a way MY zone was able to get information about MAAC and was able to discuss it. I don't see too many other ZD's allowing themselves to get involved in such an open discussion.

I also seem to recall seeing quite a few posts, on RCC, from certain individuals that were calling for a "certain ex Manitoba ZD" to be banned and be pounced upon, coming on MY zone site, stirring up the same kind of trouble. Seems to me that those in glass houses.......

Learn to question. It is the only thing that separates leaders from followers. And from what I see there are already enough followers.