RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone P-51 Preflight check list and Launch tips
Old 06-13-2005, 11:30 PM
L0stS0ul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone P-51 Preflight check list and Launch tips

As I await the new wing I took the time to go over the plane in detail. I pulled apart the gearbox and made sure everything was lubed up. Even though I originally tightened the screws for the gearbox they were loose again. This was after about 8 flights on the plane. Might want to check the gearbox from time to time.

I also found something that bothered me a bit. The RX is tie wrapped to the same spar that the wing is screwed into. Well looking at my RX I noticed that there was a hole in the outside cardboard. I pulled the RX out and checked it over. No damage as far as I can tell but I am a little conserned that the RX had a screw in it during one of my flights. Needless to say it's no longer tie wrapped to the spar. I got out my velcro and attached it to the right side. As a bonus I even have more battery cable now to play with. Maybe this will help the left rotation the plane likes to have.

Anyway check that RX postion and if you tighten the screws down good you might have the screws going into the RX.