RCU Forums - View Single Post - SW Zone Director's AGM comments?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 01:28 PM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: SW Zone Director's AGM comments?

Jim, I agree with you a 100%, and I hate to bring up historical information but I will do it on this one time for the benefit of newer maak members on this forum. The tone in MAAK started to change with the character assaults on volunteers like Rick Reid, Wayne Bransfeld, and that Sharpe fella to a degree, so some individuals instead of working within the maac zone meeting process took matters into their own hands and unsurped the maak governing process. in fact a motion was made at the 1996 or 95 AGM to ban Rick Reid for life from MAAK, and the larkin campaign on the aeroclub issue, started the process of the attacks on individual zone reps, misinformation on that subject, so I think those incidents set the tone in MAAK that is with us today.

Also people just get bone headed, for instance at the 2001 MB zone meeting, some MB zone members strongly opposed allowing members from NW Ont. (TB west) to become official members of MB zone, even thought they had unofficially been members of MB zone (on their maac membership card) for the past 20 or 30 years, try to figure that one out.

Perhaps MAAK is trying too hard, trying to be everything for all modellers and instead of performing well in a few areas, ends up doing poorly in many areas.

Perhaps the first step is to admit there are problems in MAAC, get those solved and move forward. Many volunteer organizations have these problems and have worked them out. There been some good progress in the past few years, however the process that the rc can is using on MAAC issues seems to be eroding any progress that has been made.