RCU Forums - View Single Post - Give me some numbers please.
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 06:43 PM
slamson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me some numbers please.

first i would like to seperate open from scale because of very different results.

second, i would have to include non competition damage, i.e. mid-airs with billy or the others i practice with.

in scale i have totalled 3 complete airplanes, and 5 wings. that is in 23 rounds and no practice combat.

in open i have lost no fuselages (i love the flat bats), and about 7 wings in about 37 rounds of competition and about 100 rounds of practice. by far i have lost more in practice than in competition but that could be attributed to the larger number of rounds in practice or that i fly practice with billy and we always seem to hit each other.

how many would it take before i wouldn't build anymore? i'd probably already be there if i hadn't found the black flat bat. if i had been totalling fuses and gear i would probably be out of it financially.

with the numbers in scale i should probably pack it in and just do open but i just can't say no to a round of combat. luckily for me we don't have many scale events so have plenty of build time between.

btw the numbers in open are all wings and they are not armored at all. they have packing tape over blue foam. no hi-tech anything. if i put 8 hours in each wing i might also have packed it in.

steve "slam" lamson