RCU Forums - View Single Post - Give me some numbers please.
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 10:17 PM
Post Hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me some numbers please.

.)How many combat planes have you totaled this year, Jan 1st to now?
One, a SPAD Debut in practice with Micster before my first combat match. I defined totaled as needing new wing, new fuse, receiver, 2 stripped servos (plastic gears replaced with metal) and a broken carb mount on my OS .25FX. I was rebuilt in time to fly the match the following weekend.

2.)How many rounds did it take to crash those planes?
None, it happened during practice before my first match... there we were, chasing each other merrily around the sunny Arizona sky when we turned toward each other at opposite ends of the box. Closing speed somewhere on the big side of 100mph, my Debut and his TufFlight Predator. We got closer and came into each others field of view and pulled up at the same time. SMACK! I could have flown out of it but my battery popped out of the single tie-wrap and tape I used to hold it in and came unplugged. The plane nosed over and went in the dirt at full throttle. Mic was able to dead stick the Predator in with minimal damage. Lesson learned, 2 tie wraps on every component, and plenty of slack in the wires so a little movement does not unplug them.

3.)How many would have been an acceptable number of planes to total?
I figgered that one per match would be ok, as I am using SPAD planes and can build one in an evening. This is for Open B. Scale, I would like to keep the (JKA) Zero around for as long as possible. NERF/SSC? Yup, I want to do that too and if I can keep it down to a couple of airframes per season I would be flush with joy. As an aside, my first combat match I was mid-aired again and my tail feathers were mostly plucked, but I finished the round and landed. I replaced the tailfeathers with a set from an A plane that we had ready and flew the rest of the match, 5 rounds. Micster took first with a Predator and I took second with the Debut in Open B.