RCU Forums - View Single Post - Give me some numbers please.
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Lou Melancon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me some numbers please.

Jimbo,
I think that number of wings is about average for the folks I fly with.

Dr Evil, Ben, Tina, Mike Fuller, Rick, Andy, Neal, AJ, Billy, Slam, Ron, John, Smack, Skull, etc probably get between 6 and 8 rounds per wing. You saw what happened when you flew against them in Houston, your stuff was grounded by damage but theirs kept going. Early in the year AJ's stuff was way out front of the rest of us, but we caught up.

They build in two to three nights, once you have the cores. Two glass rods for spars, polypropylene rod for LE, either ripstop or yupo for covering.

Most of the throw away wings were damaged by prop cuts. Wing to Wing hits don't normally destroy a wing the way we are building them now. The Bandit fuses that I have lost have been to hits where the engine of the opponent hit a servo or the tail knocking the plane down and cutting through the plastic fuse.

Some of these wings could have been repaired but the flight characteristics would not have been as good as a new one so I just trashed them.

Incidentally after over 30 rounds of SSC/NERF I'm still using the prototype Bandito.