RCU Forums - View Single Post - FIRE...QUESTION
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 08:26 AM
marksmu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FIRE...QUESTION

Ok, so quick question here...I HAD...key word HAD...a Thurder Power 3cell 1900mah lipo pack....it is now a smoldering pile of stinky goo...I charged it about 4 times using the Hobbico batter charger shown below. Im not sure what happened, but the I plugged my ESC into the battery and wow did that thing start getting hot, it puffed up, before I could unplug it...(1 maybe 2 seconds)and then burst releasing a gel all over my plane which proceeded to melt everything it touched.

Is that Hobbico charger which says its good for Lithium batterys actually good for them, or did I have a dud battery. If this battery burned up my ESC Thuderpower will be answering to me. I dont care about the battery so much.

Anyone know if the Hobbico charger is good for that one...I charged it at a very low rate <1 on the charger for less than 1.5 hours...the charger beeps to let you know its ready and I always unplug it immediately as I am paranoid of fire. So did I do wrong, did the battery do wrong, or did I buy the wrong charger?

THanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72896.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	285817   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18591.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	285818