RCU Forums - View Single Post - MAAC - Whats the Problem?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Doug Burt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAAC - Whats the Problem?

As a long time visitor to the RCU site I've been growing increasingly concerned over the bad rap that we're giving our national aeronautic association. Finally, in desperation I've actually registered in order to participate.

As a member of any organization you have the power to make reforms and changes, but in order to do so you have to bite the bullet and volunteer. There are many volunteers in our organization who work very hard and gain little consideration for our overall efforts.
These efforts are challenging enough as we all try and please everyone, to say nothing of the time and effort we and our families put into making the whole organization a working entity.

Its much easier to get on-line and complain about the status quo of MAAC in an international on-line forum dedicated to the organization, instead of making your voice heard where it counts. In your local club, at your local Annual General Zone meetings or if you're lucky enough at the MAAC Annual General Meeting.

I see many here who have worked for the organization both currently and in the past participating in these Forums, but also note that many of the preconceived biases still exist, both on an East vs. West and in the Competition vs. Non-Competition arena. I believe that we would all be better served if we exercise our voices where they can do the most good instead. The "I just want to fly" mentality that prevails at a good many clubs is alive and at work here too...

Doug Burt
MAAC Electric Com. Chairman
Asst. ZD (BC)