RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 06-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

hey Richard,
mate that looks gorgeous - any prettier I'd want to bonk it hehehehe

Where did you get the static prop from? What about those pylons, did you make those or buy em?

Test flown yet?

Yeah I'm quite happy with the retract mods so far, I'd like more of a down angle on the mounts so that the wheel will lay flat in the wells but don't think I can get any more without creating other problems. We will see. I may refine that a bit more later once the other half of the wing is built.

I have nearly finished the 2nd half to the point where I can start modifying for subspars and the wheel well.

Mate the kit version of the retracts sux big time. I actually made a complaint to TF about this fact and with other models they build. My arguement was that if they want to go into ARFs for the big stuff then they can cut corners on scale details with those but they need to refine their kit range to make them more scale, expecially things like retract locations.

BTW I got my 82" P51 certified for flight and me with it last Friday. Mate that thing flies like it is on rails, smooth as and the landings are a dream, I probably did one of the best landings I have even done with it. Just skimmed it about 1" over the grass in ground effects till it just greased in. I'm still buzzing from it!!

I fly it at under 1/2 power, full speed is really too quick. It is has a ST 2500 in it which is not overpowered, it is just a very slick bird. I really do notice now how much sky these big birds needs since coming off the little stuff. At least I can see them more easily.

cheers
Peter

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86213.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	287534