RCU Forums - View Single Post - THE NEW CERMARK F-16 BUILD IT BETTER, STRONGER, AND FASTER!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:32 PM
msweeten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE NEW CERMARK F-16 BUILD IT BETTER, STRONGER, AND FASTER!!!

On my Jett 90L my club test the sound level with the plane on the cement runway 9 feet out up about waist level. The sound level came in at 105db. I was running a APC 12-6 turnning about 14,000 on the ground. They make use run it at full throttle for the sound check. Once in the air it does not sound very loud at all. For cruising I only use about 1/3 throttle and the 90L only makes as much sound as an OS 46. I just don't run it up on the ground for more than a second or two to clear it out. I ordered the long quite pipe from MAC, which I am sure would work just fine and make the 90L a ***** cat. But I didn't buy the Jett 90 to make it a *****. I am going to cancel my order and just try and keep my plane under the radar from the noise police. I flew my f16 last Sunday. I think I need to refine the throw/exponential and CG. I dialed back the elevator throw based on the new recommended throws. On take off the roll out was long and when she lifted off was some what jerky. On landing I felt that I ran out of elevator and could not flare smothly. I tried one landing that I aborted with a big bounce off the runway only to have almost the same thing happen on the second attempt. I came in fairly hot on both attempts. The second attempt killed the engine so I had to make a crash landing. I had some damage to the landing gear wood supports. The gear itself was not bent or damaged in any way. I am now rebuilding the gear supports from birch ply. should be done in a day.