RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!
Old 06-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Richard,
mate that really does look nice, a real credit to your skills and patience!!

Mine is going to be a camo version so no need of flight metal though 1st top coat will be alum colour then camo over it, that way it is easy to simulatate weathering and scratches etc showing

the Al um in ee yum === >> AL ooom unnnn ummmm. Did I translate aussie to US correct? hehehehe bit like is it a router or a rooter! Poms call em rooters.

Have now got the other wing panel completed to the point where I can start adding in the subspars prior to sheeting the top surface. Only took a couple of evenings work to get all that done. Now for the fun stuff.

Once all the mods are in I will play with the retract mount angles some more to see if I can get an extra degre or two of down on the mounts.

Once that is done it is time to make up all 3 of the dihedral brace inserts, sand test fit those then join the wing.

Next is 1/2" carbon fibre tape epoxied to the bottom surfact of the spars extending from outboard 6" of where the subspars end towards the wingtip. This will be 1 piece tape and will be on fore and aft subspars plsu the centre section of the main spar only from start of wheel well to same on other wing.

I'll post some pics once I get up to that stage as it is something different.

What servos are you using on yours?

I have a variety of JR digitals, DS8301s and DS8231 I think they are for elevators, maybe use DS811s for ailerons, Hitec HS-645 9kg torque for flaps, HS925 7kg torque for rudder and standard for aux functions. Got a stack of JR DS537 and Futaba 8301 digitals that I sell but wont use those on this big bird, they are only sport servos.

cheers
Peter