RCU Forums - View Single Post - REX P5 vs. OS .21 v-spec
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 09:44 PM
JJJEEEFFFFFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REX P5 vs. OS .21 v-spec

Its funny how prices compare country to country. In Australia when i was looking to buy my last engine the p5 was $450 v-spec $330 and 421b $560. I already had a 421b it was the second engine i ever had, it replaced my hyper 8 port. the 421b was an absolute beast of an engine, when it ran. It always gave me grief though, i spent half my time tunning it then half driving it. I think i finally found out why about 8 gallons into the engine, the hyper always ran, never anything special but still runs, fuel leaking out of it everywhere, temp way to high, submerged in water you name it still runs, v-spec, low down power suit my new track layout, (the 421b was a waste on the new track (you got past half throttle for about 1 sec on the new track layout) part super easy to get always run in tune or not, idles forever, easy to tune, has got the power of the 421b but spend alot more time driving. Parts are every where around me and alot cheaper, i now have a credit card so i can buy from any where now. For lowend power a p5 or a v-spec would be my choices, just comes down to budget and your knowledge of tunning and parts availabilty, i choose v-spec cause it was cheaper and easier (imo) i also like that there are lots of p5 at my track which are abit faster then me. One of my best race days was running my hyper 8 port fuel leaking so badly at the front bearing it was literally rolling over the finish line out off gas running as hot as **** and starting with 30 seconds to go just to make the distance. most of the top drivers weren't there that day hence i decided to run the hyper it was the slowest car in a straight line by a fair bit but i managed to just win which made it alot of fun (for me at least).

I'ld personally prefer to drive a car the same as every one else, (unless there was money involved), then one that was way better.