RCU Forums - View Single Post - cmp p47 thunderbolt
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 01:46 AM
virtualvictum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cmp p47 thunderbolt

Hi guys, thought I'd chime in as well. I also had the 4o size P-47 from cmp. The plane was flown with an os 46ax and stock muffler. On the maiden the plane flew ok with minor trim changes. The elevator IS very sensitive as described above. If your not careful you will stall on landing in a heartbeat. My first landing ended up sliding on the grass strip about 5 feet on the bottom of the cowl. No damage but it was a little embarassing. The plane was slow with the 46ax. Had to fly at 3/4 throttle to maintain decent speed and keep the speed through the turns. Roll rate with full aileron deflection was not incredibly fast but that was also due to the speed she was flying at. Landings were decent but it does come in a little fast. I also have and fly the cmp 70" hellcat and it flys great. OS 160 fx in it for power and mas 16x10 3 blade prop pulling her along. She will pull out of anything stupid I do. She lands very slow with the flaps deployed, slower than the p-47 40. I also have the 71" Zero with f.p.e 2.4 gasser in the nose as well as the fw-190 with another f.p.e. 2.4 in it as well. These bigger planes are so much fun to fly and easy to land. The smaller size just does not do there bigger brothers justice. I am building the 55" smaller zero right now. I am using a gms 61 and bisson pitts for power. Based on how the p-47 flies with the 46ax this should move the little zero around quite nicely. I lost my p-47 on the 3rd flight. The plane just violently rolled to the left and into the field. I think I was shot down but no one will admit to it. Oh well that just freed up a 46ax for something else. Good luck with your little planes.