RCU Forums - View Single Post - Multi Segment Fowler Flaps
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2002, 02:44 AM
Modelman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Thingees explained

Hi John,

The red “Thingees” are the actuating levers for the second segment of the flap. Look closely at the drawing and you will notice that the center (vertical) lever’s fulcrum is on the aftmost trackpin of the main flap segment. As the main segment is moved aft, the trackpins move aft as well. The top of the vertical lever is anchored to the TE of the wing via the top lever. This anchor, along with the moving pivot of the vertical lever, forces the bottom lever to push the second segment aft on it’s own set of trackpins and tracks.

As for actuating this arrangement, there are three of these track/pin/lever assemblies in each flap. One on each end and one in the middle. The servo rotates a brass tube in the TE of the wing. On this brass tube are three “control horns” that connect to the track assemblies via 4-40 rods. As the servo rotates the rod (via a standard servo wheel and “Master” horn) each track assembly is evenly and equally moved.

Believe me… It’s hard to explain, so I hope this made sense!? I’ll take some pics of the demonstrator. You can see everything better.

Click my "GALLERY" button below to see photo's of the demonstrator section in various modes of extension.

Craig