RCU Forums - View Single Post - The MAAC Paradigm
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Jim_McIntyre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The MAAC Paradigm

ORIGINAL: kenair
you're welcome Jim,
the Liberals do well, they are able to adapt their goals to what the majority wants, one may not agree with them but the Liberal string of wins must say something.
So ... I take it you are in agreement with their strategy, which appears to be "adapt your policy to your audience/most recent fad".

ORIGINAL: kenair
But Jim, the point is not what I think, it is what is happening at maac clubs and fields accross Canada.
Hmmnnn... I managed to visit several clubs over the past couple years, the biggest (most attendance) events I've seen are the Kitchener Scale Rally, the Chatham Scale Rally and the Quinte Jet Rally (IMAC events ceratainly appear to be the next largest events, with pockets of Scale combat emerging).
Does this mean that most modellers are exclusively Scale or Jet flyers? No.
Does it meant that many have an interest in these events? yes.

You must be careful how you draw conclusions.
Funflies are the easiest event to organize, the easiest to perpare for, and have the least requirements to participate in.
Are they popular? Of course, I enjoy thaem and would be hard pressed to think of anyone who wouldn't. We even encourage students to participate (with an Instructor and on buddy-box of course).

It can take me several years to prepare for a scale competition, weeks to prepare for a Scale Rally, minutes to prepare for a Funfly. Which do you think I attend more often?
Which do you think I get more enjoyment from?
Does my participation in one negate my interest in another?

You may recall from stats classes that you can jiggle the numbers to show any conclusion you wish.
You may also recall from physics classes that stats manipulation has zero impact on reality.