RCU Forums - View Single Post - The MAAC Paradigm
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 03:02 PM
britbrat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The MAAC Paradigm

Oh dear --- where do we differ?

I've not had a "competitive bug bite" in 45 yrs, but obviously a significant number of modellers fly competitively, & common rules need to be there for comparative purposes & stability.

Maybe this is where we start to diverge -- I think that the "marketplace" (the modellers) should be the ones to create, develop & codify the rules. The governing body should only be there to say -- "OK guys you agree in large part that these are your rules -- so be it. We hereby decree that the xyz rule will be in force for a period of two years, whereupon we will accept new generally agreed-upon rules from you, or we will re-sanction the current rules until such new rules are presented for sanction".

I don't think that rules should be generated by the governing body's "Rules Committee", or you will end up with a godawfull catfight like the one that has recently mangled & divided the combat fliers in Canada. The governing body, however, must ensure absolute compliance of the discipline's Contest Directors to the sanctioned rules, as they are currently in force -- or again there will be a catfight. There should be no participation in rules formulation by the governing body --only rubber stamping & subsequent enforcement.

Rules is rules & everyone benefits from being able to trust the rules comming from the fliers themselves, otherwise the rules will be ignored, or the events will begin to lose attendance.

Well?