RCU Forums - View Single Post - The MAAC Paradigm
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The MAAC Paradigm

ORIGINAL: can773

Transport Canada.....you really think they will have anything to do with an organization that is not affiliated with the international governing body of model aviation?
Transport Can. didn't even know we existed due to a lack of communication 2+ years back. Bransfield chanced upon a complaint lodged to Transport Can. about a model airplane. That is what began the whole, "what is a model debate". I'm afraid you think we are more than we actually are.

I have still never really heard a good reason why this is nescessary? If I recall correctly you were against giving TC an updated definition of "model airplane" or some such?
You recall incorrectly.(a habit of late) I was on the other side of that one.

It is necessary because TC governs everything that flies, including our toys and we want to be in their back pocket when complaints or legislation is pointed in our direction. It wasn't that long ago the US "Homeland SEcurity" was considering banning/limiting RC aircraft in the States. The AMA, assisted by MAAC helped to educate the US senate to put the brakes on before things progressed too far. We need to know if anything like that is in the works. Those are real issues.........not wether or not a dozen modelers get their FAI licences.

Your losing me here....how are the SIG's asking MAAC to feed their SIG?

I dont recall my SIG (pattern) asking anything of MAAC.....in fact we ran a number of SIG Nats with nothing but our own effort. I think you are painting the many with the crimes of a few.
Good job looking after yourselves, but many more out their expect things to be done for them and want, want, want....... My point is, if your area of interest flounders, don't look to the board for blame.