RCU Forums - View Single Post - Too ugly?
Thread: Too ugly?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 12:26 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Too ugly?

Beyond ugly.....ooogly. Actually, If you put a slanted windshield in front and did it up with side windows and markings, then it should look like a regular passenger plane. So those wing panels need a home..... One of the best uses of the ACE constant chord wings was the GLH! Have you ever flown one? That design was so fast, it could blow the cylinder off a TD in a full power dive. With todays' equipment and techniques, a better one than ACEs'could be built. It is one of my top 5 favorite kit built planes. If I remember, they had you glue a strip of balsa to the LE and sand it to a point, and I think they asked you to recontour the underside to make the wing more symetrical. I have always intended to replace that plane, it was the only high performance 1/2A plane at the time. [that I knew of] that didn't eat up S133 servos, maybe because it had short chord control surfaces, but also because the foam dampens vibration. Back when glow plugs were more like $4 each, I'll bet I went through $200 worth flying that thing!

If you decide to build a GLH, [ instead of this hideously ugly trainer] and do the research to come up with a faithfull reproduction, that will be great! Then I won't have to, I'll just hit the "send" button when you get through with all the dirty work[8D]!