RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP 87" Yak-54 What do you Think?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 10:13 AM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP 87" Yak-54 What do you Think?

Maudib,

Thank you for taking my comments in the right spirit. I believe it has been quite clear in this thread, and others, that this plane is basically a liquidation plane. I think the implications of that are quite clear to everyone. Let us not forget that before there were ARFs, there were kits. Anything that needs replacing on this plane can be done without just ordering a replacement part(Bosshossv8 has shown that). Again, this plane is not for everyone, but I think the people buying them deserve being respected for their decisions and not be treated like they're of lesser..uhhh...intelligence(?) than someone that bought a EF or other "brand name" YAK.

Now back to the topic of this thread.

frieshoo:

I'm with you. I'm going to try and do this whole project as cheaply as possible. In fact, because the plane only cost me $300 and there's not much to lose, I'm going to be taking a bit of chance with some of the equipment trying to bring this bird in cheap. I'm almost embarassed to admit this(but I think it will be a fun experiment) but I just bought 4 XPower(what the h... are those?) S9350 for $20 each off of eBay for the elevators and ailerons. I haven't decided on a rudder servo yet, but I'll probably have to go with a good one there.

BTW, I meant to mention that the XPower servos are about 150 in/oz and .17 transit at 6v analog servos. Should be enough, but not the fastest in the world, though in my experience, the average flyer cannot tell the difference between a .17 transit and a .13 transit, as with the 5945, and I have no plans of doing any contest work so I'm sure they'll be fast enough....I'll just have to think .04 seconds more ahead of the plane.