RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP 87" Yak-54 What do you Think?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 03:44 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP 87" Yak-54 What do you Think?

Hi Bosshossv8,

You are obviously welcome to your interpretation of your friend's remarks, but some of us see them in a different light. We'll just have to disagree on that one.

I'm not sure who you're aiming your "But I have the right to speak my mind" remarks to, since I haven't seen anyone questioning your input, except by inference perhaps your friend you're defending, but I for one very much appreciate your input, since with your experience with both brand YAKs makes your opinion bare the most weight of anyone that has posted here.

>>Garbage in ...garbage out.

What is "garbage" is obvious very subjective. One person's garbage is another person's treasure. Of course, typically the more expensive the servo the better it is going to be, but how much servo do you need for sport flying? If you're doing contest flying, sure, spend the bucks and get the best, but for the average flyer(95% of us?) I could put two identical planes up, one with 5645's and one with 5945's and it's unlikely any of that 95% would be able to tell the difference. Of course, if there was something wrong with one of the servos and it wasn't centering to spec then it would be very noticeable. If 5645's fail often and don't operate to spec, then I wouldn't want them either. Maybe when I get my plane done with my "garbage" servos, I'll take a video and you can tell me(I trust your honesty) if you can tell I have cheap servos in it. If you think servos such as the 5645's, and the even cheaper analog servos I'm going to try, are so awful you'll be able to tell the difference looking at the plane fly. Most of the overwhelming use of digitals in our giants is due to marketing hype, not need. It has only be a couple of years since 9402's were the hot thing for 40%er's and I didn't see any planes falling out of the sky because of them(you can't say that about the digitals), and they seemed to fly pretty well at the highest level too. Of course there are advantages now to the high torque and precision digitals offer for contest performance, but I am still not convinced that their reliability has matched the good old analogs.

>>But I have the right to speak my mind, I have spent a LOT of money on these Yak's and am willing to tell my experiences without holding punches.

Please don't let the KMP bashers slow you down, just keep it coming. Your honest feedback is very welcome.