RCU Forums - View Single Post - MT-5 gotta haves???
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 11:05 AM
fourwheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT-5 gotta haves???

This week I will have my funds for the new MT and was just wondering about what I need to go with it. I know I will need a few things so I am asking the experts here what I would need on my shopping list. Part #'s would be very helpful. Please and thank you.

For instance, what about the gear cover? I know on the Team Losi LST I was just fine without the secondary gear cover. I ran a couple of gallons without it and never had a problem. After installing the second gear cover it ate the spurs rather quickly, It just helps to hold the rocks in the gears so they can do a lot of damage.

What part # are the upper rear ally arms?

What about the stock brakes? I see alot of discussion on this board about cable and hydro brakes. Is this a neccessaty? Or just a hop-up?

The lexan side plates look like something that would be easy to make myself so I will forgo buying those. As a matter of fact alot of the covers could be constructed either out of lexan or thin aluminum.

On a side note, I will be using my JR XS3 radio from the LST to guide the MT-5. Is anyone else using this radio? Any problems with it?

As always I appreciate any advice.