RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig 1/3 Spacewalker
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 08:33 PM
DrDeath
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig 1/3 Spacewalker

Update

I have purchased the servos and electronics for this plane.

HiTec 625MG for the wing
HiTec 645MG for the Elevator and Rudder
JR 537 for the throttle and choke
JR 700 Receiver (already had from another plane I sold to purchase a Parkzone Blade CP)
2700maH 6volt battery

I will be running everything at 6v so the rudder/elevator will have 133oz of torque @ .20 seconds and the ailerons will have 94 oz of torque @ .15 seconds. Since I won't be doing any torque rolls, 3D or snap rolls with this plane so this should be plenty of torque to fly this plane. I have a 1/4 Cub with 100" wings span with less torque in the wings (JR 811s) and the plane performs, well like a Cub. I may change the battery on the Cub at a later date, but that is another thread.

I have created a template for the firewall for the B&B motor mount and will drill holes tomorrow or the next day. I kind of started on the engine and now I feel like I have to finish it up. I may need to add a 1/4 inch piece of ply to the firewall to being the prop the proper distance from the firewall. I will have pictures up later this week. Once I mount the engine, I will have a good idea about the cowl and where I need to cut. Hopefully I won't need to cut too much, just enough to allow cooling over the fins and down through the bottom for exhaust output. I will use a 24 oz tank (one I had on hand) and put the fill tube through the top of the front deck in the scale location. I am looking for a good picture of the fuel cap on the Spacewalker to try and duplicate it.

Hope you guys are still interested. Will update you later this week.

Lee